There is no uniform charging standard for translation work. Different translation work has different quotation. What do you need to know about translation quotation?
1. what kind of translation is it working? What kind of translation, simultaneous interpreting, passing or accompanying? Is there any relevant information, such as guest list, lecture notes or PPT, etc.? How long will it take to prepare them;
2. Their own level (first of all, they should judge whether they are competent for the job. When quoting, they should consider from their professional background, working experience, foreign language level, etc. everyone is different, so there is no unified standard);
3. Professional fields (quotation in different fields will also be different, such as high-tech, medicine, chemical industry and other professional fields or higher-end conference prices are naturally higher);
4. Types of customers (different employers, different backgrounds and strengths, and different price expectations for translation services). Before accepting the job, you need to see whether the other party is looking for a translator in the name of an individual, an organization or a third party, a state-owned enterprise or a private enterprise, a domestic or foreign customer. If it's a foreign customer, people in different countries are willing to pay different fees for translation. Sometimes, when some institutions ask for a translator, the budget is tight, while some private enterprise bosses pay for translation It's very refreshing, but these are not absolute, and it needs to be judged by the interpreter in the process of communication with the client);
5. Address (from Dali to work area, as far as I know, there are different willingness to pay for interpretation services in different areas of China. For example, for the same type of activities in Beijing and Shanghai, the cost to interpreters is often slightly higher than that in Guangzhou and Shenzhen. Therefore, translators can also make appropriate adjustments when quoting for work in different areas; from Xiaoli to work Dynamic site selection, knowing the venue of the event can help you predict the scale of the event, the number of participants and the budget of the employer for the event, etc.)
6. time (before accepting work, we must first talk about working hours. Generally speaking, 8 hours a day, 4 hours for half a day, less than 4 hours, then half a day, the original time of work must be charged separately; PS. simultaneous interpreting is usually charged by half day or day, not like the legendary hours; moreover, when some urgent people are required to do translation work, the quotation can be moderate. I also tend to take into account the time spent on the way to and fro the destination when quoting
7. Transportation expenses and accommodation (normally, the employer should pay for the travel expenses of the interpreter, but some customers do not pay for the budget of the travel expenses, so they will only find the local interpreter. In this case, the interpreter should ask clearly at the beginning, and don't find out that the other party doesn't reimburse the travel expenses until the work is completed)