There are a lot of professional terms in the highly specialized industries, and financial industry is no exception. There are a large number of specialized terms in the financial industry, which have a wide range of applications. Do you know the characteristics of financial terms translation? Below Beijing Translation Company for you to introduce in detail:
Generally speaking, financial translation terms have six main characteristics.
(1) The uniqueness of the meaning of a word means that the same term can only represent a specific financial concept, and the same word can only have the same meaning in the financial profession.
(2) The equivalence of words means that the meanings of words are contradictory, antagonistic or interrelated. In financial language, we call them synonyms.
(3) In the financial industry, the meaning of words belongs to the same category as that of many words, and the words expressing category concepts are called supersemantics, while the words belonging to the same semantic category, which respectively represent several concepts within the same category, are called hyponyms.
(4) Simplicity of words; the meaning of financial terms is clear, reliable and authoritative. It can be used to manage the financial sector, regulate the market and solve contradictions. Therefore, on the premise of single and accurate meaning, financial terms also have the characteristics of simplicity. Its outstanding performance is the extensive use of abbreviations.
(5) The historicity of words, some words in the language have been used from ancient times to the present, and some old financial terms including ancient ones have also been selected in the financial industry.
(6) the development of words. With the continuous development of the financial industry, more and more new financial terms have been updated. Translation should also keep pace with the times.
According to the above characteristics, it is not difficult to find that its six characteristics are interrelated and unified organic whole. Therefore, in the use of terminology, we must ensure its correctness and unity. Only in this way can we ensure the completeness of financial information.