Translation has its own uniqueness and professionalism, and the requirements for translation are not the same in different industries. Below is a brief edition of Beijing Translation Company to share with you the requirements for translation in several different industries.
1. News translation: News translation requires translators to deal with the information of the original text, just like editors modifying articles, so it is an editorial translation of news, so that the translation is more suitable for foreign audiences to read and broadcast. News translation should be politically conscious and take into account information style, cultural background and wording. The wording must be satisfactory and should be considered in many ways whether it will cause misunderstandings or bad associations.
2. Medical Literature Translation: Medical Literature Translation should not only be accurate, but also consider the use of scenarios, such as drug instructions. Translation should take into account the reading habits and understanding of non-professionals. It should also be accurate, and pay attention to the choice and use of language.
3. Current political translation: Most of them are solemn and formal, rigorous in wording, distinct in theme and profound in purpose. Due to the high political sensitivity of political papers, English translation must be very accurate and rigorous, and the translation must be faithful to the original text. There are two characteristics of political essays: one is political terminology, the other is common rhetorical devices such as repetition, parallelism and duality.
4. Scientific and Technological Translation: Scientific and Technological Translation must be precise, with a margin of error. In the case of unfamiliarity with relevant knowledge, it is not to be taken for granted that the process of translation needs to be checked in many ways to understand the characteristics of relevant knowledge, its specific significance and translation methods.
5. Translation of Tourism Public Signs: Tourism Public Signs Translation is a kind of special style which is open and has communicative purpose. It aims to propagate local culture and make foreign tourists have better tourism experience. Therefore, it is very important to translate tourism public signs in scenic spots. Translation needs to be done by means of translation, free translation and other methods, and problems such as improper use of words and Chinglish should be avoided.
6. Literary translation: The unique romantic and influential effects of non-literary translation and literary translation are different. Literature drives people crazy, so style rendering is the first important point. Literary translation analyses specific methods of literary translation according to different backgrounds and cultural connotations of literary works. The translated words should conform to the identity of the speaker.
7. Commercial trade translation: Commercial trade translation, such as document translation of foreign investment, can effectively convey information such as investment environment, investment projects and investment policies. It is helpful to attract interested and powerful foreign investors to invest. It requires audience awareness and full consideration of the identity and recognition of the audience. Knowledge level and reading expectation. Avoid mishandling, resulting in the loss of opportunities for foreign direct investment.
The above is a brief introduction of the requirements of different industries for translation by the editor of Beijing Translation Company. I hope it will be helpful to you. If you want to know more about it, please pay attention to our official website.