With the deepening of reform and opening up and the advent of WTO and economic globalization, the requirements for foreign trade translation are getting higher and higher. Here are some knowledge to improve the quality of translation from the customer service staff of Beijing Translation Company.
First, to fully understand the characteristics of foreign trade English vocabulary is the smallest structural unit that can be used independently in the language. Word sense discrimination is the basic skill of English-Chinese translation. The translation errors caused by the misunderstanding of word meaning are the most common errors in foreign trade English translation. It mainly includes the errors caused by polysemy of a word, the errors caused by empty and real nouns and the errors caused by plural meanings of nouns.
1.一词多义 英汉两种语言都有一词多义现象,而且这种现象非常普遍。因此,在翻译中如何分析把握原语中的多义词在特定的语言环境中的具体含义,准确无误地使之在目的语中再现,是翻 译的关键问题之一。
1. Polysemy is a common phenomenon in both English and Chinese. Therefore, how to analyze and grasp the specific meanings of polysemous words in the source language in a specific language environment and accurately reproduce them in the target language is one of the key issues in translation.
Many commonly used English words in foreign trade English have both common meanings and new meanings, and some of them have developed into professional vocabulary and foreign trade terminology. Many errors in translation of foreign trade English arise from this.
2. In many cases, abstract nouns in foreign trade English can also become countable nouns to express more concrete things and have plural forms. These abstract nouns in foreign trade English can greatly simplify the expression of English. In this case, the translation should turn the illusion into the reality and make it concrete so as to make the translation more appropriate.
3. In foreign trade English, the plural meanings of nouns change when they form plural from singular. The singular and plural meanings of some nouns are quite different. The plural meanings are neither extension or extension of singular meanings nor associative meanings. When dealing with the translation of such words, we need to be very careful and carefully distinguish them. We should not treat them simply as plural concepts. Otherwise, the translation will be prone to deviations.
2. Grasping the Translation Principles of Foreign Trade English Vocabulary in an All-round Way
1.把握适合的语场 语场, 即话语范围, 是指在交际过程中实际发生的事, 以及参与者所从事的活动, 其中语言活动是重要组成部分。
1. To grasp the appropriate field of discourse, that is, the scope of discourse, refers to what actually happens in the process of communication and the activities that participants engage in, among which language activities are an important part.
外贸英语的语场既包括外贸工作者从事的各种进出口业务活动, 又包括他们用以表达进出口业务的语言。在外贸活动中, 为了达到有效交际, 主要语言活动必须紧紧围绕着贸易活动这个话题进行, 贸易工作者必须使用能够有效表达这个话题的语言项目, 如贸易术语、贸易习惯用语、固定语法和语篇格式( 例如国际贸易定价单、合同) 等。
The field of foreign trade English includes not only the various import and export business activities of foreign trade workers, but also the language they use to express their import and export business. In foreign trade activities, in order to achieve effective communication, the main language activities must be closely around the topic of trade activities. Traders must use language items that can effectively express this topic, such as trade terms, trade idioms, fixed grammar and text formats (such as international trade pricing sheets, contracts) and so on.
也就是说, 外贸英语的语域在很大程度上是由语场来决定的。在国际贸易的悠久历史中, 其词汇、语法结构、习惯用语等已经形成了许多固定表达方式, 而这些表达方式大多数是由语场决定的。在外贸英语翻译时, 译者必须使用表达国际贸易语言意义的词汇和习惯用语,也应当符合外贸英语的语场义。
That is to say, the register of foreign trade English is largely determined by the register. In the long history of international trade, its vocabulary, grammatical structure and idioms have formed many fixed expressions, most of which are determined by the field. When translating foreign trade English, the translator must use vocabulary and idioms that express the meaning of international trade language, and also conform to the meaning of foreign trade English.
2.了解不同的文化 翻译意味着传达信息。其准确性依赖于很多因素: 文章本身的可信度、文章类型、目标读者、被翻译文章在使用中的风格以及翻译的目的。而在实际翻译过程中, 译者要了解原文读者对文章的理解如何以及译文读者的反应如何是很困难的, 也就是说如果译者不了解原文和译文各自所代表的文化的特点, 那么他就很难达到对等翻译的目的。
2. Understanding different cultural translations means conveying information. Its accuracy depends on many factors: the credibility of the article itself, the type of the article, the target reader, the style of the translated article in use and the purpose of translation. In the actual translation process, it is very difficult for the translator to understand how the original reader understands the text and how the target reader reacts to it. That is to say, if the translator does not understand the cultural characteristics of the source text and the target text, it is difficult for him to achieve the goal of equivalence translation.
中国人和西方人在观察和思维上都存在着差异, 因而对同一种东西及其特征和属性有着不同的概念和表达方式, 翻译时译者必须清楚地了解中西方对某一具体事物各自不同的表达方式, 越过英汉表达形式的局限进行意义上的对等翻译。
There are differences in observation and thinking between Chinese and Westerners, so there are different concepts and expressions of the same thing and its characteristics and attributes. When translating, the translator must clearly understand the different expressions of a specific thing in China and the West, and make a meaningful equivalent translation beyond the limitations of English and Chinese expressions.
The above content is sorted out by the customer service staff of Beijing Translation Company. I hope it will be helpful to you all. To learn more about it, you can pay attention to our website.