With the continuous development and progress of the society, we are in contact with more and more people in all aspects. It is unavoidable to deal with foreign friends in our daily life. Language communication is a big problem in dealing with foreign friends. At this time, we need to find translators. What should we pay attention to if we want to do a good job of translation? Today let the customer service staff of Beijing Translation Company introduce some matters needing attention to.
First, some of the tables in the form of conventions or lectures will allow the interpreter to sit in the first row of the audience to complete the translation work, with his back to the audience, and there is no table. At this time, if you can add a table, you will create a lot of conditions to facilitate translation work.
2. It's convenient to take notes. Especially for long speeches without manuscripts or completely improvised speeches, it is much better to keep a notebook on the desk than to record it without a table elbow.
Third, it is convenient to release data. The paper meeting schedule, speeches, PPT and the vocabulary made by the translator can be put on the table and used whenever possible. If you don't have a desk, you'll get confused when you work. And now a lot of information is stored in the Ipad. It's very inconvenient to grasp it with the interpreter's notebook, and it's also very convenient to put it on the desk.
4. Familiar with professional terminology and knowledge, and make vocabulary by checking new words in advance, so that they can be translated accurately and fluently.
5. In a speech with a manuscript, the interpreter can better analyze the structure of the text, paragraph and sentence by analyzing the manuscript in advance. He has the original version in his mind, so that the effect of interpretation at the meeting will be much better than that of interpretation without any preparation.
6. Some individual cases make it impossible for an interpreter to take notes. For example, in order to get a good visual effect of the slide, the whole room turns off the lights, the interpreter can't take notes without light source, and can't read them clearly. This is because if the interpreter has a good grasp of the lecture content and related knowledge in advance, he can use logical memory to complete the non-note handover with the help of the projected slide. 。
7. Speech should be fluent, clear and concise, with less illness and oral language. Especially when the meeting has been delayed a lot and everyone is waiting for dinner, if the interpreter stutters, the audience and the host will be impatient, which will aggravate the negative evaluation of the interpreter. To exercise this ability, we need to listen, read and read more, listen to more news, speeches and lectures, read more news reports and articles of various majors, and develop the habit of reading more.
8. Eye contact with the audience. There are different positions for interpreters in the process of delivery, which can be divided into two categories: viewers can be seen and viewers can not be seen. If you can't see the audience, the translation effect will be mechanical. It's better not to use this method. There are several advantages when we can see the audience. First, we can evaluate the effect of the translation from the audience's response. We can adjust the translation according to the audience's nods, smiles, frowns and other expressions. Even if the audience generally reacts differently, we can find the speaker to confirm some uncertainties. Secondly, when encountering words that cannot be accurately translated or can not be translated, the audience can use their eyes to ask the audience for help. In many cases, the audience is willing to help the interpreter raise the words.
Above mentioned are some matters needing attention in translation work. I hope it can help you. To learn more about translation, you can keep an eye on the website of Beijing Translation Company.